From now until Aug 31, there will be an advisory period when NEA will not take enforcement action. In the meantime, safe distancing ambassadors, SG Clean ambassadors, community volunteers and NEA officers deployed at hawker centres will continue to remind diners to clear their dirty trays, crockery and litter.
Greensafe International Pte Ltd Jobs & Career has began a recruitment drive for Tray Return Ambassadors to be deployed at various locations across Singapore paying up to $2,200 per month per Ambassador.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To engage and encourage patrons, stallholders and cleaners (i.e. stakeholders) of the hawker center to participate in the Tray Return Initiative
- Be familiar with the objective and conduct sharing sessions with the various stakeholders and community
- Plan and execute promotional activities
- Physically fit - Able to stand on long hours
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team
Find out more about this job vacancy and application by clicking here.
From Sept 1, enforcement action will be taken against those who do not clean up after themselves in public dining places, a move that comes after years of extensive educational efforts to change the behaviour and mindsets of diners.
First-time offenders will be given a written warning. Second-time offenders will face a $300 composition fine, and subsequent offences may lead to court fines, which can go up to $2,000 for the first conviction. Enforcement action will not be taken against those with disabilities or are frail and elderly and unable to clear the tables.