Ownership / Interest In Other Property
You, your spouse, any occupiers listed in the Application Form or their spouses must not own or dispose or have an estate or interest in any other flat, house, building or land*
- Within 30 months before the date of application, and
- Between the application date and the date of taking possession of the flat
* includes but not limited to:
- HUDC flats (Privatised and Non-Privatised)
- Properties acquired by gift
- Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
- Private properties
- Properties owned/acquired/disposed through nominees regardless of properties location
Each eligible Singaporean household can buy the following housing unit only twice:
- a flat from the HDB;
- a resale flat with the CPF Housing Grant*;
- a DBSS flat from developer;
- an EC unit from developer.
*Only applicable for first-timer applicants
If you have already bought two housing units, you will not be eligible to apply or be listed as an essential occupier in an application.
Exemption to Exceptional Cases:
HDB may consider granting exemption to exceptional cases based on the merits of each case. If you wish to seek exemption to buy a flat direct from HDB, please complete the property questionnaire and submit it to HDB.